How to import client profiles from APS
Connect the APS add-on
You will need to enable the add-on before you will be able to import client profiles using this integration. See our article here to get set up: APS Add-on
This integration can then be used to import profiles from APS into Connectworks for:
Company clients - including all the individuals and other associations the APS profile contains (eg. Directors, Shareholders, Trusts/Companies as a Shareholders)
Trust clients - including all the individuals and other associations the APS profile contains (eg. Trustees, Beneficiaries, Corporate Trustee Companies)
Important: Please be aware that companies imported from APS will not be linked to the Companies Office.
This will result in additional manual work such as updating the share register and connecting to the Companies Office. Instead, we recommend setting up companies by manual loading or bulk import, then linking the company to APS, as per How to connect existing clients in Connectworks.
Importing from APS
After setting up the add-on, to import a company, trust or individual:
1. Navigate to your firms' Clients tab.
2. Click on the "I would like to..." drop-down.
3. Select Import from other system.
4. In the Add client slide-out panel, search for the client by either scrolling through the list or typing the name into the search bar.
5. Once you have located the entity to import, select the Import button which is available on the right when hovering over the entity.
6. In the subsequent screen, you will be asked to complete additional details prior to importing the profile. Some fields on the form are mandatory. The Create button will be grey until all mandatory fields are completed. After this, it will turn blue and the profile will be created as soon as the button is selected.
For companies: company type and subscription plan
For trusts: trust type and subscription plan
For individuals: subscription plan
After successfully importing an entity there will be some details which require checking in Connectworks. Please see the following article/s for information on checking the entity type/s you have imported.