How to sync information between Connectworks & APS
To synchronise client information between APS there are two prerequisite steps:
1. You must have enabled the APS ad-on in your Connectworks firm Admin tab, as per:
Connecting the APS Add-on
Access rights to connect Add-ons
You need to have Firm Administrator access within Connectworks to make changes to firm Settings and Add-ons. This access needs to be enabled by your firm administrators.
Reckon APS clients that would like to link clients in Connectworks to APS, will need to contact Reckon APS before beginning this process. The team at APS will need to configure your client base to allow this connection to work. Once completed you will receive a username and password that you will enter when prompted in the pop-up.
1. Log into Connectworks and navigate to your firm admin tab.
2. Select Add-ons from the top menu.
3. Click Add add-on and select APS from the drop-down list.
A window will pop-up to authorise access, enter the username and password. Click Sign in
Once you have successfully added APS into Connectworks we recommend you log out and then log back into Connectworks. This ensures the option for importing a trust option is available in Connectworks.
Once you've connected the integration you'll be able to import trust profiles directly into Connectworks, as well as connect existing clients in Connectworks to their APS counterparts.
See our articles:
2. The Connectworks client profile must be linked to the APS client profile.
This will happen automatically for all client profiles imported into Connectworks from APS. For all other profiles they must be manually linked, as explained here:
How to connect existing clients in Connectworks to APS
If you have a client profile set up in both Connectworks and APS, it is easy to connect both records together to enable synchronizing information between the two systems.
First, you must ensure you have activated the APS add-on in Connectworks.
Connecting client profiles
1. In Connectworks navigate to the Clients Tab in the and locate the client profile to be connected with APS.
2. Select edit to access the client's edit form.
3. Select the Add-on Connections tab and then the Connect now button.
4. By default, the search function will look for the name of the client as it is recorded in Connectworks.
If this brings up the correct client in APS select the Link button.
If the client does not appear, edit the search to the name as it is recorded in APS, or remove the name from the search bar to scroll through your entire APS client list.
5. After selecting Link the clients are now connected, you will be directed back to the edit form where the button will now display Disconnect instead. You can now push client information, such as phone numbers and addresses, between both systems.
More information on how to do this is available here:
How to sync information
1. Navigate to the Clients Tab and locate the client to have information synced to/from APS.
2. Select the tick box of the client so the slide-out panel appears.
3. Scroll down the slide-out panel until you reach the section Connections to add ons.
This section will display the fields available for sync.
Any fields which hold different information in Connectworks & APS will display in red, as per the Website, Other phone, Physical address and Tax number pictured below.
After synchronising the titles for the resolved differences will return to grey and the sync button will no longer appear.
4. Where there are differences between systems, a sync button will display in the bottom right of the add-ons section. Click this to open the sync screen.
5. Select the tick boxes for the pieces of information which are correct and you wish to push from one system to the other. The >> arrows indicate which direction the data will be pushed in.
You can pick and choose which items to push in which direction, and apply changes in both directions simultaneously.
In the below example, the tick boxes for information are selected and the >> arrows indicate this information will be pushed into the blank fields in Connectworks.
The Website, Other phone and Tax number will push from APS to Connectworks. Whereas the Physical address will push from Connectworks to APS.
If you are unsure if the information displaying in the Connections to add ons section in the slide-out panel is correct, the information can be refreshed manually by clicking the refresh button on the bottom right. It will also refresh automatically whenever the clients Connectworks profile is updated and saved using the Edit form. The panel will also display the date the details were last refreshed.