8. CDD Workflow Step: Perform CDD
1. Navigate to the "Perform CDD" subsection in the left-hand column. A list of the CDD candidates will appear displaying the ID verification information that was added against the individuals in the first step Adding evidence and making a determination, their AML/CFT relationships to the entity and source of funds.
- Identity verification - collect and verify name D.O.B. and address of candidate (Name, NZBN and registered address for non-natural candidates)
- AML/CFT relationships - Record and provide evidence of Beneficial ownership and confirm the authority to act on behalf of the client.
- PEP and Source of funds - Determine whether the candidate is politically exposed and provide evidence of the source of funds for the candidate if required. (PEP is non-applicable for a non-natural entity)
Select ‘Update’ next to each of the above-mentioned sections to add information (or “collect and verify” for the identity verification section)
2. If the evidence from a prior determination displaying is correct you can select "Use this".
3. If a person's information needs updating, or a person does not have an ID determination appearing, select "Collect & Verify" to make a new determination. You can also update the "PEP and source of funds".
4. Click update once this section has been completed.
If one of your CDD candidates is another entity (ie. a Company, Trust, Partnership or other) you may wish to also review our article Completing CDD across complicated ownership structures.