Discarding Clients (and re-activating discarded Clients)
This article describes the process for discarding (deleting) Clients from Connectworks.
Note that if a client is still in its 30-day freeloading phase discarding it will remove the profile from Connectworks entirely. If the entity has gone past the 30-day loading phase, discarded profiles within the period of their most recent subscription can have their subscriptions restored with no additional cost, whereas clients discarded outside their subscription periods can be re-activated with a new subscription.
Discarding a Client
Before discarding a Client, remove it from any active CDD workflows.
To discard a Client, simply select its tick box in the Clients tab, then click on the "..." and select Discard.
If the discard option is greyed out, you do not have the correct user permissions to discard Clients. Check your firm's admin tab and ask someone with Firm Admin or Firm Manager access rights to discard the client.
Re-activating a discarded Client
Discarded Clients still within their paid subscription period (the 12 month period since its most recent subscription) can have their profile re-activated at no additional cost. Discarded profiles with expired subscriptions can be re-activated any time, and your firm will be invoiced as usual.
To restore a discarded profile it must first be turned into a contact, and then into a client. To do this:
1. Navigate to your firm's Clients>Discarded tab.
2. Locate the client you wish to reactivate in the list (apply filters or search in the left column to quickly locate a specific client).
3. Click on the Restore button, which appears on the right when you hover over the client profile.
4. You will receive a warning message advising the profile will be moved to your firms' Contacts. Select Ok and the profile will move from the Discarded tab into the Contacts tab.
5. Navigate to Clients>Contacts to re-subscribe the Client. Locate the profile in the list and select Subscriptions which appears on the right when hovered over.
6. Confirm the desired subscription plan and the profile will be moved into your Clients tab on an active subscription plan. The profile will now be available in your firms' Work tab also.