Removing staff from Connectworks
This article describes how to remove a staff member's ability to access Connectworks.
Note that a user's profile can only be completely deleted from Connectworks where the person has not made any alterations to your firm or a client that will be recorded in an activity log. In all other situations, their access is simply removed but the profile remains to maintain the historic record of activity at your firm.
There are two steps to removing a staff member's ability to access Connectworks:
- Reassign any client management associations; and
- Remove their firm and client management roles and access rights.
Reassign client management associations
To remove a staff member's ability to access Connectworks, you should first remove (or replace) them as Manager or Partner of any clients to which they are assigned. To do this:
1. Navigate to your firms Clients>All list.
2. In the left column apply a filter on the clients list to show only those clients the person is assigned as a manager (and/or partner) for.
3. Then select the tick box for all the clients in the list (bulk select by selecting the top entry, hold shift & select the bottom entry on the list).
3. Click the "..." menu on the slide out panel, and then select change partner and/or change manager.
4. Select the partner or client manager you want to take over responsibility for the client(s), and the first stage in removing your staff member's access is complete.
Remove roles and access rights
After reassigning the staff members clients list, remove their firm and client management access rights by editing their profile in the firm Admin>People & Employees tab:
In the business roles section of the staff members edit profile form apply the following:
- Change Role/Access to No access
- Remove them from any business units
- Change Client management to Does not manage clients
- Retire or remove them from any partnership or directorship of your firm
The removed person will now appear under the No access filter of your People & Employees list: