Setting Annual Return Filing Obligations
The filing obligation setting drives which companies will appear by default in your firm's Annual Returns Workflow. If companies you file for aren't appearing in your default workflow, it's because their filing obligation hasn't been set.
The filing obligation types you can record are:
- Not Registered Office - your firm has no filing obligations for the company. These companies will not show in the Annual Return Workflow.
- Office filing only - your firm performs filings but does not act as the registered office.
- Check filing only - your firm checks filings on behalf of the client but does not file them.
- Registered office only - your firm acts as the Registered Office but does not perform filings. These companies will not show in the Annual Return Workflow.
- Registered office check filing - your firm acts as the Registered Office, and checks filings on behalf of the client, but does not file them.
- Registered office and filing - your firm acts as the Registered Office and performs filings.
Record the filing obligation for a single company:
1. Select Edit for the required company (either via the Clients tab, Work tab, or Company workspace)
2. In the edit form select the Incorporation tab
3. Select the required obligation from the Responsibility drop down
Bulk update multiple companies at the same time:
1. Navigate to your Clients>Companies tab.
2. Select the tick box of all companies for which your firm has the same filing obligation (eg. all registered office and filing).
3. Select the "..." menu in the top right corner of the slide out panel.
4. Select Change filing responsibility from the menu, and then choose the correct obligation to apply to these companies.