Document Category Tags
This article will guide you through the process of tagging documents. Tagging documents will create subcategories within the documents section to enable you to find them more easily.
Certain tags will also direct documents to appear in convenient places within the entity profile. For example, documents tagged as a minute or resolution will automatically be added to the minute book. Similarly, a document tagged as a trust deed or variation will appear on the main dashboard of the trust (as well as in the documents tab).
Connectworks has a list of default tags, just start to type a tag and the options will appear. You can also create new tags simply by typing them and selecting the new tag option.
For your reference, a copy of our current Company Document Tags can be downloaded here: Current List of Document Categories in Connectworks.docx
Adding Tags During Upload
Historical documents can be uploaded and categorized with tags individually or in bulk (up to 10 at a time). If uploading in bulk, group like documents together so that the correct tags can be applied during upload.
1. Enter the Documents tab from the Directors or Shareholders tab.
2. Select the “I would like to” drop-down and then Upload a document (Historical).
3. Either drag & drop your document/s into the upload area, or search your hard-drive using browse.
4. Apply Document Tags to ensure the documents are easily searchable, and that key documents appear on the main trust workspace.
5. Enter a description of the document if desired.
Adding tags to an existing document
In the relevant document repository:
1. Place a tick next to the document you would like to tag.
2. Click on the cogs on the top right-hand side,
3. Select edit.
This will open up an edit document form, here you can edit the name of the document, add tags, description and determine the confidentiality of the document. See more on confidential documents here.
Note - Multiple tags can be added to each document
Once the document has been appropriately tagged, it will appear under that tag subcategory.
You can search for documents by selecting different tags. The tags appear from a drop-down menu under the search bar on the left-hand side of the documents tab.
The tags assigned to the document also appear under the name of the document, as you can see in the above example.