How to import client profiles from XPM / Xero Practice Manager / WorkflowMax
Important information about importing Companies
While you can import information for New Zealand companies, please be aware that companies imported from XPM will not be linked to the Companies Office.
This will result in additional manual work such as updating the share register and connecting to the Companies Office.
Instead, we recommend setting up companies by single or bulk import, as it will bring in public information and documents from the Companies Office and using our loading templates will enable you to overlay firm information such as email addresses and client reference numbers.
Once done, you can link the company to XPM, see How to connect existing clients in Connectworks.
Connect the XPM/WorkflowMax add-on
You will need to enable the add-on before you will be able to import client profiles using this integration. See our article here to get set up: XPM / WorkflowMax Add-on
This integration can then be used to import profiles from XPM into Connectworks for:
Company clients - (not recommended - see above) - including all the individuals and other associations the XPM profile contains (eg. Directors, Shareholders, Trusts/Companies as Shareholders)
Trust clients - including all the individuals and other associations the XPM profile contains (eg. Trustees, Beneficiaries, Corporate Trustee Companies)
Importing from XPM/WorkflowMax
After setting up the add-on, to import a company, trust or individual:
1. Navigate to your firms' Clients tab.
2. Click on the "I would like to..." drop-down.
3. Select Import from other system.
4. In the Add client slide-out panel, search for the client by either scrolling through the list or typing the name into the search bar.
5. Once you have located the entity to import, select the Import button which is available on the right when hovering over the entity.
6. In the subsequent screen, you will be asked to complete additional details prior to importing the profile. Some fields on the form are mandatory. The Create button will be grey until all mandatory fields are completed. After this, it will turn blue and the profile will be created as soon as the button is selected.
For companies: company type and subscription plan
For trusts: trust type, subscription plan and Settlement Date
For individuals: subscription plan
After successfully importing an entity there will be some details which require checking in Connectworks. Please see the following article/s for information on checking the entity type/s you have imported.