Step 1 - The annual return workflow
To enable filing annual returns from within Connectworks you must first link your Connectworks account to the Companies Office using the RealMe login which has the authority to file on behalf of your clients. Your RealMe connection then remains active for up to 6 months.
If you encounter an error warning during the final stage of filing you will need to connect (or in some cases disconnect, then reconnect) your RealMe login.
For more information on getting set up at the Companies Office and RealMe please see: Companies Office and RealMe.
How to connect to RealMe
1. In your personal workspace select the “Manage your profile” dropdown.
2. Select NZ Companies Office connection
If you are already connected but are encountering issues filing, select “Disconnect from the Companies Office” and then reconnect.
3. Select Connect to Companies Office - a pop-up window should appear.
If this window does not appear your browser is likely blocking pop-ups. In this event navigate to the web address bar in your browser - to the right of the web address there will be a small red icon - select this, and then choose “Always allow pop-ups and redirects from https://goconnectworks.com”. Then refresh your page and reselect the “Connect to the Companies Office” button.
4. When pop-ups are enabled you will be redirected to a Companies Office RealMe login screen. Log in with your RealMe username and password (must be the RealMe account that has the authority to file Annual Returns at your firm).
5. Approve the User Consent request - you are now ready to begin filing Annual Returns from within Connectworks.