The quickest and easiest way to set up companies is by importing the company information held by the Companies Office. This will automatically bring in the following:
- company name
- company numberNZBN
- registered office address
- incorporation date
- annual return filing date
- the registered shareholding*
- a contact profile for all current directors & shareholders
- all the Companies Office documents made available to be downloaded as .pdfs
If you have a large number of companies (or corporate trustee companies) please see our article for more information on our bulk import service.
*Please note the share register information imported from the Companies Office reflects the shareholdings as they are registered at the time of import and is not deemed a compliant share register.
To import a company:
1. Navigate to your firm's Clients>Companies tab
2. Select the "I would like to..." menu
3. Select import a company from Companies Office (NZ)
You can then use the search bar to find the company you wish to import by typing in the company name, company number, or NZBN. Click the ‘Import’ button, and the company will be set up.
Once imported, you can find the company in your Clients>Companies list by:
- Using the search bar
- Filter by the ‘Loading’ status, nested under 'grouping' just below the search bar
- Filter by letter of the alphabet at the top of the companies list
See our article Checklist - Things to do after setting up a new company