Recording your firm’s role as a company’s registered office gives you a quick and easy way to manage your filing obligations across your client base.
The statuses you can record are:
- Not Registered Office - your firm has no filing obligations for the company
- Office filing only - your firm performs filings, but does not act as the registered office
- Check filing only - your firm checks filings on behalf of the client, but does not file them
- Registered office only - your firm acts as the Registered Office, but does not perform filings
- Registered office check filing - your firm acts as the Registered Office, and checks filings on behalf of the client, but does not file them
- Registered office and filing - your firm acts as the Registered Office and performs filings
1. Record the registered office
You can record your registered office obligations in the Companies section of your firm’s Clients tab. Just select the companies you want to assign a particular status, click on the cogs, then change filing obligation:
Chose the status you wish to assign the companies, and click on ‘Change’.
The company’s obligation status will now display under its name.
2. Filtering your companies by obligation status
You can filter your list of client companies to view just those for which your firm has a particular filing obligation:
You can also filter by filing obligation when filing annual returns. Under the ‘Work’ tab, selecting an annual return filing status will show the list of companies whose annual returns currently stand in that status. In the screenshot below, the list has first been filtered to show all companies whose annual returns are overdue. From the 2 companies whose filings are due this month, the list has been filtered further to show only those for which the filing is also the firm’s obligation. In the screenshot, 180 Investments Limited is the only company that CW & Associates is due to perform the filing for in the current month.
Filtering your clients’ annual return filings by obligation status provides a useful way to view and organise your filing workflow over the coming months.