Recording your firm’s role as a company’s registered office gives you a quick and easy way to manage your filing obligations across your client base.
The filing obligation setting also drives what companies will appear by default in your firm's Annual Returns Workflow. If companies you file for aren't appearing in your default workflow, it's because their filing obligation hasn't been set.
The filing obligation types you can record are:
- Not Registered Office - your firm has no filing obligations for the company
- Office filing only - your firm performs filings but does not act as the registered office
- Check filing only - your firm checks filings on behalf of the client but does not file them
- Registered office only - your firm acts as the Registered Office but does not perform filings
- Registered office check filing - your firm acts as the Registered Office, and checks filings on behalf of the client, but does not file them
- Registered office and filing - your firm acts as the Registered Office and performs filings
Record the registered office & obligation
1. Select Edit for the required company (either via the Clients tab, Work tab, or Company workspace)
2. In the edit form select the Incorporation tab
3. Select the required obligation from the Responsibility drop down
Filtering your companies by obligation status
In the clients tab you can filter your list of companies to view just those for which your firm has a particular filing obligation:
Filtering by obligation status in the annual returns workflow
In the Work tab, selecting filters you can review clients assigned to an annual return filing obligation / month / status / workflow step / partner / manager or business unit to show the list of companies whose annual returns currently assigned that status. Multiple filters can be applied to refine the list as required. Filtering your clients annual returns provides a useful way to view and organize your filing workflow over the coming months.