One of the best things about Connectworks is that it allows all the parties associated with an entity (which could be a professional firm, a trust, a company, or an individual) and all other parties involved in the entities management to work together in a single online space.
Users are invited to access Workspaces under particular roles, which define what a user can see or do within a workspace. As a non-professional user, your level of access will be determined by the professional/s responsible for managing your entity.
Access to Connectworks
The most basic level of access is email signing, whereby your professional advisor distributes documents by email via Connectworks. You do not require a Connectworks login to sign documents distributed in this way, simply follow the email instructions to sign the document. Once you have completed signing the document you can choose to create an account if you wish to.
All emails distributed through Connectworks will come from the email address
email@example.com. We recommend users mark this address as safe with their email provider to prevent emails going to your spam inbox.
If you choose to, you can create an account after signing a document. If you do so, you will be required to log in to sign any future documents your advisor sends via Connectworks in the future. You will also find all the documents you have signed are automatically stored in your Connectworks profile, and you can upload your own documents here for storage too. There is no limit to the amount of documents you can store here, but a fair use policy does apply.
Sometimes your professional advisor will nominate to make it mandatory for their clients to have a Connectworks account to sign documents. If this is the case, you will have been invited to set up a login for Connectworks. This will allow you to access a personal workspace. This workspace (pictured below) is where you can store & sign documents, view upcoming tasks, and if you have been given access by your professional adviser you may also be able to create minutes, resolutions and initiate discussions with other parties involved in the entity.
Navigating your Personal Workspace
1. Take me to...
Quick links to navigate between your personal profile, your company or trust workspaces, or access support resources.
2. Manage your Profile
In this section you can:
- Upload a profile picture. This will be visible to your professional advisor.
- Save a digital signature. Saving a signature can be really helpful, as it usually takes a few tries to master the perfect digital signature. You can clear your attempt by using the X highlighted in the picture below. Once you're happy with your saved signature, you'll never have to worry about it again!
- Update your contact & address details here. Your professional advisor will be notified of any changes and may choose to accept or reject the updates (eg. You can update your profile to display a preferred name, but your professional advisor will still have the option to use your full legal name when completing documents for signing).
- Complete your tax code, IRD and GST numbers. This will be visible to your professional advisor.
- Change your password.
- Connect your RealMe account to your Connectworks profile. Unless you intend to personally file your company's annual return via Connectworks you won't need to connect your RealMe.
3. Dashboard, Tasks and Documents tabs
Dashboard provides an overview of recent and outstanding activities in your Connectworks profile.
Tasks show upcoming milestones. These dates are automatically generated from the compliance dates of your associated entities.
Documents will save a copy of all the documents you've signed in Connectworks, and you can upload your own documents here also.
You can use the documents tab to store your own personal documents too. Documents you upload here are automatically set to private, so only you can see them. If you want to share them with your professional advisor just set them to the public and they will have access too.
4. Your Associations
If you have been given access by your professional advisor, clicking on the entity name in Your Associations will allow you to access the Workspace for your entity (a company or trust).
On our Unlinked subscriptions you can have view only access to your entities main dash board. On higher access level subscriptions, depending on the access rights your advisor has given you, you may also be able to view and upload documents specific to this entity (such as minutes and resolutions), as well as manage a trusts financial ledger or companies share register. Talk to your professional advisor or contact Connectworks to if you would like to discuss these options.
Read more on advanced access to Connectworks here:
5. Documents for signing
Documents which have been distributed for signing via Connectworks will appear on your personal dash board. You simply need to click on the document title view the document and complete the signing process. Read more on document signing here: