For details on how to send Companies office extracts to clients before filing the annual return for their company, please refer to Send annual return extract to clients for verification.
In some cases, the client does not reply to the extract in time, or the extract is sent to an incorrect email address. This article outlines the process of resending the Companies Office extract to clients.
1. Send extract through email
2. Send extract through workflow
3. Link to extract
Send extract through email
This method is best for sending reminders to unresponsive clients as the original extract is sent through Connectworks which them may be unfamiliar with therefore may have ignored.
You can forward the company extract that you received by Bcc when you originally sent the extract.
Send extract through workflow
This method is best when the original extract was sent to an incorrect email address. First update the the companies contact details and enter the client's email address using the "Edit profile" option. Edit profile is available from either:
- By hovering over the "..." symbol to the right of the company name in the annual return workflow
- Within the company's workspace (in the top right)
- Via your clients>companies list using the cogs menu
All the above pathways will lead you to the Update client form (pictured below) where you can update the client's email address through the contact details section.
1. Type in the new email address in the appropriate field and click "update and close".
2. Once the email address has been updated navigate work tab and click into the company workspace via the annual returns workflow.
3. Within the company workspace the annual return workflow will appear on the right-hand side. Select the workflow step Prepare company extract section then select "re-run" under the Send variance report to client option:
Link to extract
You can also obtain the link to the extract and fill it out on behalf of the client or send it in a separate email.
Click on "Companies Office Extract (responses)" under the Prepare company extract section of the company's workflow (as shown in the above screenshot).
This will lead you to the Company's extract, you can either fill it out or copy the URL and send it to your client in a separate email.