The trust ledger comes with a range of default transaction types which allow users to easily record common types of financial transactions that trusts engage in. To record anything that doesn’t fall into the default categories users can create custom transactions. This article outlines the process of creating custom transactions.
How to create a custom transaction
To create a custom transaction, navigate to the Transactions section of the Ledger tab of your trust:
1. Click on the "I would like to..." drop-down menu located on the top right-hand side of the page.
2. Select "Custom transaction" under the Other section.
Within the Custom transaction slide-out menu, you need to:
- Give the transaction a title.
- Select the transaction type that best describes the transaction (It will appear under this filter in the Transactions gallery).
- Record the account movements that make up the transaction (These must be manually balanced i.e. a positive movement must be balanced by a negative movement, recorded with a ‘-’ minus sign, e.g. one account movement of ‘$100’ must be balanced by another movement of ‘-$100’).
Once the details have been filled out, hit "Create", the transaction will appear in the transactions section of the ledger and the related accounts will be updated.