There are a couple of things every staff member is required to set up to enable them to file Annual Returns in Connectworks. If you're experiencing an error warning when attempting to file a return, it's likely due to one of the following steps not being completed.
Linking to the Companies Office via RealMe
To enable filing annual returns from within Connectworks you must link your Connectworks account to the Companies Office using the RealMe login which has authority to file on behalf of your clients. If you encounter an error warning during the final stage of filing you will need to connect (or in some cases disconnect, then reconnect) your RealMe login.
1. In your personal workspace select the “Manage your profile” dropdown.
2. Select “NZ Companies Office connection”.
If you are already connected but are encountering issues filing, select “Disconnect from the Companies Office” and then reconnect.
3. Select “Connect to Companies Office” - a pop-up window should appear.
If this window does not appear your browser is likely blocking pop-ups. In this event navigate to the web address bar in your browser - to the right of the web address there will be a small red icon - select this, and then choose “Always allow pop-ups and redirects from https://goconnectworks.com”. Then refresh your page and reselect the “Connect to the Companies Office” button.
4. When pop-ups are enabled you will be redirected to a Companies Office RealMe login screen. Log in with your RealMe username and password (must be the RealMe account which has authority to file Annual Returns at your firm).
5. Approve the “User Consent” request - you are now ready to begin filing Annual Returns from within Connectworks. To complete the filing process you will need to ensure you have also activated a direct debit authority on your RealMe account, as detailed below.
Ensure you have a Direct Debit activated with the Companies Office
2. Click on the Manage and maintain dropdown on your dashboard and select Account settings.
3. Select Direct Debit Details, fill out the details and click save.
It will say it's confirmed right away, but usually takes overnight to process.
4. Select Manage your user account details (if you are filing on behalf of the firm)
Select Your payment details (if you are linking under your own capacity)